Grapat - freeplay tray
- It contains a wooden box made of beech (45x65x7 cm)
- Recommended age +0 months
- This material is used to contain the game. It becomes a framework for action that controls and sets limits to the elements and spaces of the children’s game.
- This box helps to create an isolated and enclosed area which improves care and respect towards the action within it. A child’s game needs a container, an area which holds the action and that allows for the children to know their limits and understand space.
- What happens in the Box of Games? Inside the box, the elements are placed within certain limits that give security to the children. The box becomes a sensorial game when it’s filled up with sand, flour, salt, rice, etc.
- In the background, there are some stamped images which evoke the four classical elements: earth, water, air and fire. These elements are part of our species and make us connect with nature. The allegory to these elements can also be used as a game space or as an invitation to organize and classify.